The progress of the ergonomic chair

We’ve been waiting for the arrival of an ergonomic chair for Mirinda to work at. The dining chairs here are awfully uncomfortable. And the other chairs are, frankly, inadequate. We ordered a new chair (and desk and lap tray) on Amazon. And waited.

The desk and the lap tray both arrived last week but of the chair, there was no sign. The delivery was expected to be between November 16 and 24. Of course, as I have written before, you can’t complain until the final date has been reached.

I managed to find the DPD International tracking site, which allowed me to follow the chairs progress. Having been made in China it was loaded in Germany, spent a little time in Denmark then made it’s slow but inexorable journey across Sweden.

Today, I was sitting at the dining table, researching dead soldiers, when there came a tap-tap-tapping at the window. It was a woman in a DPD uniform, holding an electronic device. She had just delivered the chair.

I then spent the next half an hour putting it together. Until, at last, Mirinda had her office nook under the window in the living room.

She declared it very comfortable as she resumed work.

Because of the unknown date or time of the chair delivery, I haven’t been out of the house much this week. Of course, while Mirinda enjoyed herself at a nearby café, I took the girls out the back to chase a stick around.

Well, to be fair, Emma chased a stick around. Freya just went for a bit of an explore then came back and sat in my lap. She really prefers the Great Indoors.

Then, as the last rays of daylight kept it light enough to see (at about 3pm) we went for a walk to our local lake. For me, it was a sort of reward for all the waiting in for the chair. For Mirinda, it was the fourth or fifth journey outside for today.

Speaking of exercise…I started an exercise regime upstairs, in the spare room that I use for FATN recording. I think it went well though, of course, I don’t have a bike. Still as they say, something is better than nothing. I’ll quickly get into a routine.

Back at the lake, things were a bit grey and gloomy but it still looked lovely. We even saw a couple of fisherfolk, sitting in collapsible chairs, rods dangling in the water, hoping to catch dinner. We bade them “Hej! Hej!” before continuing along beside the river.

As we turned back towards home, we spotted a big machine pulling down the burnt out remains of a small factory. I don’t know when the fire was. It could have been before or during our stay.

It was pretty devastating. I took a photo a while back because it looked quite atmospheric. Like an old building in some American B horror movie.

I’ll have to keep an eye on any changes as they pull it down and rebuild it.

Incidentally, by the time we went to bed, I still hadn’t heard from Amazon about the chair. Then, when I looked on the DPD International tracking site, the information had gone a bit wacko declaring that I’d ordered the chair on 20 November 2017 and that it had been packed in Germany on 20 November 2018. It then left for Denmark last week.

What the chair was doing in Germany for two years, I don’t know.

This entry was posted in Gary's Posts, Sweden 2020. Bookmark the permalink.

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published.

This site uses Akismet to reduce spam. Learn how your comment data is processed.