Four years and still not finished

It’s been ten weeks and the puppies are getting a bit unruly. Or, rather, their hair is. Mirinda reckons that the moment they start looking cute, I race them up to Kate and she shears them within less than an inch of their lives. This is an exaggeration. Besides, I love the way they look once their transformation has occurred.

So, rather than heading for the gym, I headed into the park, turning right instead of left and went on up the hill.

There is a path under there

Shortly before we reached the park exit, Emma decided to have an FSI. While incredibly annoying (and I could have done without it being on her collar when I put the lead on her) at least they were heading for a bath anyway. Of course it was a bit yurky for poor Kate but she took it in her stride.

When she asked what an FSI was she then worked it out for herself, which I thought was rather clever. She also asked if I’d like her to deliver the girls back on completion. This I readily agreed to, obviously. Then, with a swish of departing tails, Kate took them away and I headed back down the hill and into town.

The Ranger’s House

The day was a bit misty, shrouding the world in a sort of grey broth with the occasional blob of life floating by like errant pieces of coloured meat. Mind you, for most of the walk I didn’t encounter anyone and it was almost as if there’d been some sort of apocalypse. Well, until I reached the top of Castle Street having navigated the Blind Bishop’s Steps.

I’d decided to walk across the cricket ground and around the castle for a change. It’s always nice emerging from within the canopy of trees and suddenly having your first glimpse of Farnham…if you ignore the cars.

A break in traffic

The combination of cars and Farnham reminds me that back on November 21, 2015, I noted that Swain and Jones had been cleared of cars ready for construction to begin on a small collection of new homes. Well, it’s now been four years and they are still not complete. I thought our extension took ages but this build has exceeded any expectations. I can only hope that the Woolmead, which has currently stopped any building work, is a bit quicker.

Being a little later than usual, I decided to risk Starbucks and managed to have a peaceful latte while chatting to Sam (doing uni homework) and Tom (doing work homework) two baristas on a day off. I didn’t mention the fact that most people didn’t go to their place of work when they weren’t working.

I reached home half an hour before Kate and the girls, both looking lovely.

I didn’t need a haircut!

Everything was all a bit too exciting for Freya because she wouldn’t stay still long enough for a photo which explains why only her front feet are visible in the above picture.

When Mirinda arrived home she was surprised by the delightful change in their appearances.

This entry was posted in Gary's Posts. Bookmark the permalink.

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published.

This site uses Akismet to reduce spam. Learn how your comment data is processed.