A view of the side of Polesdon Lacey - strangely unpopulated.

From the National Trust website: "Polesden Lacey, a 1400 acre estate, is situated on the North Downs and commands some of the finest views in Surrey. The Edwardian Garden extends to 30 acres with 10 acres of lawns and elegant grass terraces, including a walled rose garden, summer border and winter displays.

The present house, completed in 1824, was last owned by the society hostess Mrs Greville, who hosted dinner parties for the rich and famous, including royalty. There are currently nine show rooms open to the public which have been restored to how they would have looked in Edwardian times. "