It has taken a while but, finally I have become an unwilling victim to Mirinda’s bronchial trouble. It started with the vague beginnings of a tickley cough last Friday which I successfully banished to the back of my self preservation medicine box – I didn’t want to miss the conference. But today, it decided I’d held off long enough.

It would be fair to say that I felt like shit. I didn’t go to the gym. I didn’t go into Farnham. I didn’t even walk the dogs. It’s a good week for Mirinda to not be here.

Not that I didn’t accomplish something.

On Friday two big boxes were delivered. This was Mirinda’s new potting table. Well, the bits for it, anyway. I figured I’d put it together. I didn’t think it would take me long.

Two things I hadn’t considered when I started. Firstly, being unwell meant I was a bit slower and having to stop for breath and a jolly phlegmy cough a few times didn’t help. And, secondly, the people who made and packed the potting table sent the wrong instructions.

Having unpacked everything I was quite surprised to discover a few extra bits and pieces (I’m not talking spare screws). I looked at the instructions and they were for building a work table. My first thought was how slack that was given not everyone has the manual background that I do. My second was to think about what I was going to do.

The way I saw it was I had two options (ignoring the one about not doing it at all). I could call the company and ask them to email me a scan of the correct instructions or, the choice I chose, I could just work it out. And, to be fair, I did have a photograph to use from their website which helped a bit.

And so, by the end of the day, this perfectly fitted into the spot it was bought for which, apart from anything else, proves that Mirinda CAN measure things and buy accordingly.

Potting table
This entry was posted in Gary's Posts. Bookmark the permalink.

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published.

This site uses Akismet to reduce spam. Learn how your comment data is processed.